Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Requirement #5

He must absolutely 100% always share cleaning duties. Furthermore, he must clean without me having to point out what needs to be cleaned nor cause me to have a complete and utter meltdown before he grabs the vacuum.

I hate cleaning, but I know it has to be done. It's bad enough that I have to clean up after myself and the pets, but I shouldn't have to clean up after another human being that is fully capable of cleaning up after himself. We both live in the same house. We both use the same sinks and toilets and showers. We both walk on the same floors and eat in the same kitchen. So why should I have to clean piss off the floors and snot gobs out of the sink that I didn't put there? I shouldn't! Grab a friggin' sponge and some disinfectant and do it yourself.

And I have news for you. Dust naturally falls on furniture. Water spots naturally occur on faucets and surrounding receptacles. Pet hair and dirt naturally collect on floors. Don't wait for me to take care of it! I am not your Mama. Pick up a broom or a cleaning wipe. Plug in the vacuum and run it over the floor. If you see a hairball, pick it up (paper towels work well for this). It's not your cat, you say? You knew I came with cats, so deal with it and take one for the team!

I work full time and have a life, just like you do. If you want to get along with me, you can't be afraid of cleaning supplies. I don't expect you to do it all, but I don't think it's unreasonable for the responsibilities to be split down the middle.

Whew! I feel better now. Can you tell I feel especially strongly about this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment