Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Requirement #8

On a lighter note than yesterday's post, here is today's requirement. He must not have words like snuggle, cuddle, drinkie, trucko, blankie, or clippie in his vocabulary. I am the female in the relationship. I am supposed to be the one to ask to cuddle or snuggle. There is nothing more annoying than waking up to someone that is asking to cuddle or snuggle for the entire morning. If you want to de-masculate yourself, give it a try. Every time I hear the word snuggle, I think of that creepy stuffed bear with the freakishly high pitched voice on the TV commercials. Not exactly what I want to associate my boyfriend with.

As for the rest of the words on my list.....If you are thirsty you get a drink, not a drinkie. If you drive a vehicle with a cab in the front and a long flat bed in the back that you can haul stuff around in, it's a truck not a trucko. If you are cold you cover yourself with a blanket, not a blankie. And last but not least if you have overgrown toenails, you cut them with a toenail clipper, not a clippie. I have plenty more examples of nauseating words like these that should never come out of the mouth of a boy over the age of 5, but just writing about these few has caused me to throw up in my mouth a little.

So no baby talk, guys. And I (the female) should be the one asking to cuddle or snuggle. And if I never ask to do it, consider yourself lucky. Some guys are required to do these things all the time against their will.

No comments:

Post a Comment